The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Reflections

It's down to 30 days until my program is over and I go home. I can't believe it's almost over. I'm working on my final report for the University of California Riverside and it requires a lot of reflection and its really making me think about the time I've spent here and how much I've learned and grown. I'm also in the process of having final performance reviews with my managers. This has been an amazing process as well. The manager I spoke with today is also leaving the company and we had a really great talk about how we're both moving on to the next chapters in our lives. At the end of our talk I asked her if she had any advice or life tips for me and she said 'Never get upset if you see someone who is possibly not deserving or unfit for a role in which you think you would have been perfect. Your patience will serve you well, and you will end up in the role that is perfect for you. Often people get wound up about roles that they really want to be in when they aren't suited for them, and they end up being miserable. The universe will put you where you're meant to be, and you are destined for great things.' I really enjoyed that and will remember that in the future. Funnily enough if I look back, there have been times in my life when I haven't gotten the role I wanted and I was upset about it and look where I am now. The universe seems to know what it's doing, as my current path is fabulous!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment