The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Reflections

I feel like I have a lot to say but everytime I sit down to write about it I have too many thoughts and I get overwhelmed and I stop. We leave in 44 days. I'm sad and excited all at the same time. I'm sad to leave Orlando. I have really built a life here and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I am also really excited for my trip home. Derrek and I have a really fabulous trip home planned that starts in Bermuda. I can't even tell you how much I enjoyed booking a one way place ticket to Bermuda! It was really really fun (i just pretended that I wasn't going back to Canada from there). From there we head to Nova Scotia and then bus our way back to BC. It will be amazing and I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot of old friends that I haven't seen in a long time. I also really don't want to have to pack up all my stuff and ship a bunch of it home. I'm certain it will cost an arm and a leg. However there's always something to look forward to and I've had such an amazing time here, I'm ready to move onto the next adventure. The people that I'm really close to will stay in my life, that's kind of the way it goes.
 
I love thunder and lightning. There's a crazy storm going on outside right now and I had to go stand outside for a bit and just watch it. I find it so soothing and even at 9pm, it's still very hot and humid outside. The lightning is mesmerizing.
 
I know I've talked about how the American news broadcasts are terrifying. Well that hasn't changed. A perfect example of crazy American news is the Casey Anthony trial. I had never really heard of this woman before we came to the states. Here its all over the news all the time. It doesn't help that she's from Orlando, so it's extra big news here. What blew me away is that they actually had media coverage of the jury selections. JURY SELECTIONS!!! Not just the trial, that part I understand, but selecting the jury?? Really? They were having a huge problem finding people that were impartial enough to be a part of the jury because the media covereage has been so extensive for so long. It's been a big joke around DAKL that they should have some International College Program students go be on the jury because we have no idea who this woman is. Very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment