The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Thursday, June 30, 2011

The New Email Diaries

So, I have some more emails that I've sent to myself lately and I thought you might enjoy reading them:

June 26th:

Today is a magical day! I got to train a new cast member on the desk this morning! It was kind of by accident, his original trainer called out so I got called in and got to train. I loved it!! So much fun!!! I wish they'd put me on training more often but because I jsut got trained up on the club desk I'll be up there most often I think. However today I got to train, which not only is a lot of fun, it also means I get paid more per hour, which I can't argue with at all!!  I managed to sneak in a workout at our lodge gym on my first break, my second break will be reserved for homework. So now I'm up on the club desk, listening to a guest tell us some fun stories. We also have some very important people in the lodge right now, staying on club level! I'm not at liberty to discuss details, unfortunately, sorry!

I just had the best chat with a guest. He's the CEO of Disney English, which runs schools that teach English in Asia. He's going to put me in touch with his hiring team in New York. I would LOVE to relocate to Shanghai! How amazing would that be?! It's unreal how many connections this job offers. I'm so thrilled just to even talk to this man and he spent the last hour at my desk!! Granted I was making dinner reservations for him and his family, but still, that's special interacting time where I can show him that I am perfect for his company!!

June 27th
I had such a nice surprise this morning. I came into work at 8:30am and said hi to everyone and prepared myself for my day and one of the bellmen stopped me and asked if he could talk to me. I've only really ever talked to him a few times, and only just saying hi in the halloways. He totally made my day! He said; 'I just love seeing you because you always have such a good energy, you always smile and wave and when I'm having a sad day, seeing you cheers me up.' SWEETEST THING EVER!! It really goes to show that even when you don't think people are watching, they are. People can be affected by your attitude and behavior without you even knowing!!

June 28th
I love the club desk. One of the funnest things that we get to do is make ammenity baskets for our guests. When they check into the club level, we know if they have any special things they're celebrating and we make them gift bags! I love this part!! We give them cute little books made out of elephant poop, we have little beaded keychains, chocolate shaped like animals, etc! And for guests in suites they get big baskets full of goodies. Then we get to run around the resort, putting the gifts in the rooms along with welcome letters before the guests have arrived. I'm like the easter bunny, but in burgundy!! We also really get to know people up here. I know I've said it a thousand times, but you really do!!. They sit at the desk for hours planning their vacations with us and having us look for reservations, and you really get personally involved with them. They come back and tell you how much they liked the restaurant you recommended, or how fun a certain show was. I think everyday I have a story to tell about my club guests and it always starts with, 'oh my gosh, my favorite guest........' and then 'my other favorite guest' and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment