The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Friday, May 13, 2011

Mantra

So when we take our concierge training class, they talk about using mantras to get yourself in the right Disney headspace to go onstage. Concierge isn't easy....don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my job. However it can be stressful and totally draining. As Disney cast members we are expected to be cheerful, happy and helpful every moment that we are onstage. As concierge cast members, we have to do all those things AND know every answer to every question that a guest might as about Disney or the surrounding area. Our guest have extremely high expectations of us because it is Disney. Some days its tougher than others to get into your Disney mindset. So they tell us to use mantras. Things like 'I will be the beginning of a magical day for my guests'. I've already used mantras. I do it when I train and when I race. But I've never done it at work. Then one day last week I really wasn't feeling it. I didn't want to talk to people about Disney for 8 hours straight. So on my walk in from the bus, I said 'I can make my guests day magical'......and I said it over and over in my head until I really believed it. And you know what? That turned out to be a really magical day. So now mantras are moving from just the racing aspect of my life into the work aspect. Sometimes you need a little boost and you can't count on anyone but yourself for that. Try it some day, I swear it works, even if you don't think it will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment