The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Top 5

So we're 7 days away from leaving and as a crazy Disney fanatic, I can't help but wonder what hotel I'll be working in! Sooooo I've compiled a list of my top 5 favorite resorts in Disneyworld. Obviously they are all lovely and I'll be happy with whichever resort I'm assigned to, however, these ones are my absolute favorite and I can't wait to see them in real life!! So the way the resorts work in Disneyworld is that there's several different categories; Deluxe Villas,  Deluxe Resort Hotels, Moderate Resort Hotels, and Value Resort Hotels. There's even campgrounds!! Disney has gone to great lengths to ensure that everyone has a place to stay at Disneyworld, no matter what budget!! There's over 25 different resorts in the park (actually I believe there's 31, but that's unconfirmed knowledge)!! And I've gone through every one of them online trying to decide which ones I love the most! So without much further ado, I present my favorite resorts!! I hope you like them as much as I do!! Click the names of each resort to see the resorts in more detail!!

 Oh also, sidebar, did you know that Disneyworld's "Typhoon Lagoon" waterpark is home to the world's biggest wave pool?! Its true.


Erica's Top 5 Disneyworld Resort List

5. Disney's Port Orlean's Resort - French Quarter
This resort made the list because it looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! Located in Downtown Disney, this resort invokes the fun and frolic of historic New Orleans!! I had to put this one on the list because I'm fascinated by New Orleans and particularly the raucous lives of those who lived in the French Quarter, I love jazz music and cajun food! So this one definitely gets a spot in the top 5!


4. Disney's Polynesian Resort
Located in the Magic Kingdom are of the park, this resort is a tropical paradise, it is build to resemble a royal Tahitian assembly lodge. The furniture is bamboo and rattan. The Nanea Volcano pool features a 40 foot high volcano with a waterfall and a waterslide!  The dining room has huge carved totems and is warm and inviting. I've never been to Polynesia, but looking at this resort makes me feel like I have. I love how much attention to detail is put into these resorts, it really transports you to another world!


3. Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Located within Disney's Animal Kingdom, this resort is situated within the park's 21 acre wildlife preserve, featuring over 30 different species of animals that roam freely. The buildings are modeled after an African lodge. Something I love about this resort is that the villas and lobby are built to stretch out in the shape of a water buffalo's horns!! I also love that it's right in the wildlife preserve!!



2. Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Located in the Magic Kingdom theme park, this is Disneyworld's flagship resort. Opulent and spacious, it sits on the edge of the Seven Seas Lagoon. The Victorian style resort's grand lobby stands over 5 stories high and is lit by two massive chandeliers. It is luxury at it's finest. This is on the list because I simply adore the grandeur of it, and I love Victorian style buildings and decor.

1. Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa
Here we are!! Number 1!! My very favorite resort in Disneyworld. This is a stunning Victorian style, equestrian themed resort in the Downtown Disney area. It is inspired by Saratoga Springs, a late-1800's New York retreat area that was well known for spas and horse racing. The resort is set on 65 acres, and features lakes and fountains on the grounds. There are 6 different areas that make up the Saratoga Springs; The Springs, The Paddock, Congress Park, The Carousel, The Grandstand, and The Treehouse Villas. There are many reasons that this resort is number one on my list. First and foremost, I'm a horseback rider so anything with an equestrian theme goes right to the top of most of my lists. Also I love the idea of the treehouse villas. They are actually built on pedestals and beams and are raised 10 feet off the ground so guests are sleeping in the lush green trees! I adore that idea. Plus the resort is simply stunning, I can't wait to see it in real life!!



 So there is my list! I hope you enjoyed it!! Can't wait to actually be there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment