The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I love rides!

I had so much fun doing the top 5 resorts that I thought I'd do my top 10 rides! I'm a huge amusement park fan, I love roller coasters and anything that feels like I may get thrown out of it at any second. I'm an adrenaline junkie by nature. So of course, I'm really excited to be working in one of the biggest amusements parks in the world. So, here is my top 10 list of rides!! Why top 10 and not just 5? Well mostly because I couldn't narrow it down to just 5!!
Oh, while talking about attractions, I should mention that I'm SO EXCITED to go see La Nouba by Cirque du Soleil, which is a show that is performed exclusively in Downtown Disney!!

Space Mountain
This super thrilling roller coaster is not for the faint of heart and is located in Tomorrowland within the Magic Kingdom theme park. Featuring lots of flashing lights, heart stopping turns and gravity defying loops, this ride is not to be missed if you're an adrenalin junkie like me!


Splash Mountain
This flume ride might be one of the best known rides ever! Splash Mountain is located in Frontierland within the Magic Kingdom theme park! Offering those who dare to ride the chance to get wet, there are several big drops into pools finally ending with a 52.5 foot drop into the final pool. The ride centers around Br'er Rabbit's escape from Br'er Bear and Br'er Fox and is very entertaining as well as thrilling!! Lots of fun!


The Haunted Mansion
Located in Liberty Square within the Magic Kingdom theme park, this is a classic Disney ride that is full of ghosts, surprises and even ghosts singing songs!! I don't even need to explain why this is one of my favorites, because it's just so obviously awesome!!


Test Track
The Test Track is a vehicle simulation ride that allows guests to experience the test that General Motors puts all of it's vehicles through. Located in the Epcot Theme Park within the Test Track Pavilions, this is one of Disneyworlds longest and fastest rides! I can't wait to try this one!!

Pirates of the Caribbean
This is a classic Disney ride (and now movie franchise) that is not to be missed!! I'm a huge fan of pirates in general and I have really fond memories of this ride from visiting the park as a child. Plus there is a 14 foot drop off a waterfall into a pirate cave!!!


Expedition Everest
Set with Mount Everest as it's majestic background, this roller coaster looks spectacular. This ride is housed within Disney's Animal Kingdom Park! There's even a yeti!!!


Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
This is another roller coaster that is actually set to music recorded by Aerosmith! Located in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, on Sunset Boulevard, guests ride in a coaster car shaped like a stretch limousine around the Disney recreation of Southern California!


The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
The Tower of Terror, located in Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, is a ride modeled after the famous Hollywood Tower hotel, a well known retreat for movies stars in the 1920's and 30's. According to legend, in 1939, five people were trapped in the elevator when a storm hit the building, and none of them were ever heard from again. This tower of terror takes you up and down the hotel and may even drop you to the bottom!! I love scary rides, especially ones where you feel like you're falling!!


Studio Backlot Tour
This isn't a crazy roller coaster or anything but it's really cool!! Kind of similar to the Universal Studios backlot tour, you get to see behind the scenes of your favorite Disney movies!


Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Located within Tomorrowland in the Magic Kingdom theme park, this one isn't too crazy, but it looks really fun because you get to shoot at space invaders and you get points for how many you get!!

I left out the water park rides, not because I'm not excited for them, in fact I'm VERY excited, however, I think they water parks are kind of seperate from the rest of the fully-clothed rides, not sure why I think that, but I do. Maybe I'll save waterparks for another day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment