The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I forgot

I totally forgot to talk about the wedding!!! We did a wedding the other day that was so beautiful. Very intricate set up, purple table cloths, silver chair covers, japanese lanterns hanging from the ceiling. They had a candy station where guests could fill up with candys that had the bride and groom's names on them. The bride's family was half japanese so they folded 1000 paper cranes for good luck and hung them everywhere around the room. They had their picture on bottles of jones soda (green and purple, the theme colors) and places on the tables as souvenirs. Each guest also had an apple at their place settin with their name tag on it. The food was 5 beautiful courses but the most impressive course (in my opinion) was the third course. It was a green tea sorbet set inside a heart carved out of ice. The ice hearts had 'Sacha and Luke, 2010' engraved in them and lined with sugar so the writing looked white. The ball of sorbet was placed in a divet on the right side of the heart. Our pastry chef is a god. I was lucky enough to be stationed at the bar for the evening (which is like the coveted golden shift in banquets) but also entrusted (along with two co-workers) with the terrifying responsibility of serving the head table all five courses. This head table had 14 people. It was a little stressful. But, like a well oiled machine, Mat and I managed to place the bride and groom's food down in front of them totally in tandem for all five courses. I only stepped on the bride's train once but I'm sure she didn't notice. Still, stressful, but at the same time, I'm pleased to have been assigned to that table as it shows that my supervisors trust me. If they thought I was going to drop any bacon wrapped steak on the bride they definitely wouldn't allow me anywhere near that table. So, that's the story of the super awesome wedding, that was really difficult to dismantle at the end of the night, but was still awesome. This week we are doing a giant prom for over 600 high school graduates. We are borrowing 24 staff from other departments to make sure it all goes according to plan. This should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment