The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Breaks

Wow!! It's been a long time since I posted!! Everything's been crazy over here. Crazy in a good way. I'll have to post my goals on here so everyone knows what I'm talking about when I talk about working on my goals, but as an action step for one of the goals, every week I'm asking my supervisors for input and advice regarding my performance in my position here at the resort. This week I asked my night supervisor who said the only thing I should do is keep doing what I'm doing. He said I'm already one of the hardest working people in the department all I have to do is keep it up! I've been put through the paces here in banquets and feel like I've almost mastered all the set ups and procedures. Breaks can one of the hardest jobs in banquets and I've been assigned to do quite a few recently, which apparently means I'm doing them properly. Breaks means that you're in charge of refreshing all the supplies in all the rooms when they go on their coffee breaks. So if there's 3 meetings and they each have a 10:15 coffee break, you have to make sure that the coffee and tea and hot water and lemons are all ready when they break. Our manager likes to have everything out 15 mins before each room breaks. Sometimes the rooms have food as part of their breaks, depending on what they've pre-ordered. So, sometimes you'll have 4 or 5 functions with 2 or 3 coffee breaks and you have to be ready to refresh them all. It can get a little crazy, especially when there's large groups and they are all having breakfast smoothies or something. It's pretty hectic but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment