The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Don't Mess with the Mouse

Remember how I told you that Disney is really serious about rules and not breaking them? It's true. A girl in my Corporate Analysis class missed three classes and was terminated from the program (we call it 'termed'). We were told at the beginning of the semester that if we missed three of our classes this would happen but apparently some people don't pay attention. I know what you're thinking. 'But Erica, surely she was just dropped from the class, not actually termed.' The thing is that attending and passing our Disney class is a required part of staying in the Disney College Program. Which means being employed. So yea, miss three classes and not only are you dropped from your class, you're also termed. Bye bye, you have 24 hours to get back to your country. Thank goodness I attend class religiously and am in no danger of this happening.

So this week is concierge class!! It's very exciting and I'm thrilled to be taking this next step, and I wish I could tell you how exciting the class is, however, that is not the case. So I'm just going to skip over that part and tell you that I'm THRILLED to be moving over to concierge this week. Then once I'm done this training and am all settle on the concierge desk I'm moving up to the lounge, which is even more exciting.

Right now it's really hectic over here for Team Canada, Linds just switched roles and is now working at a quick service location within Epcot. She's really excited about the move. We're all working like crazy right now because the next two weeks are the most hectic time of the spring so it's all hands on deck. It's also time for our online UCR (University of California Riverside) classes to begin. We're in week two of those and let me tell you, they aren't easy. They're very fast paced and we have a lot to do to keep up. We are also still in the end of our Disney class so we have a lot on our plates as far as school goes. All work and no play right now. Except for how I need to go to Hollywood Studios to ride the Tower of Terror on a very regular basis. Anyhow, right now I have a whole lot of homework, and I know I have more things to tell you but I need to go do homework and I'll write more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment