The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Concierge is cool!

I love concierge. It's so much fun!!!! I get to chat about the parks and restaurants and help people plan their days!! It's SO COOL!!!!!! There's a lot of stuff to learn. And there's still so much I don't know about Walt Disney World, but we have a lot of resources to help us, which is fabulous. There's this really amazing program that works with A La Carte (the learning program that I told you about before) but isn't an official Disney created program. It's the coolest thing, a lot of the time people will ask to see all their dining reservations and the A La Carte program doesn't really make a very pretty itinerary. So prix fixe was created by some front office cast members at a resort!! They're so brilliant, it actually links with A La Carte to build a much more convenient itinerary and it's much better looking. I don't know how they did it but they did and it's genius. Now not all resorts use the software because technically it isn't a Disney program, but we are lucky enough to use it at the DAK lodge! It's so cool. I love having new things to learn. I'm going for lunch tomorrow with my friend Katie at the Whispering Canyon, which is apparently a really great restaurant and right now we get 40% off lunch dining, so that's awesome. They really encourage us Concierge cast members to try all the restaurants and stuff because we have to recommend things to people but being that we don't make a ton of money, it's hard to justify eating out all the time. The 40% off really helps with that. Plus I already spend so much time in the parks that I have a very good idea of how to get around and where everything is. i LOVE my job!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment