The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Disney's Hilton Head Resort

So in case you weren't aware, I have a love for the southern states, I love the accents, I love the idea of the old south. I'm not sure why, but I just do. It's always been on my list of places I'd like to live and work for a little bit. So imagine how excited I was when I heard that Disney's Hilton Head Resort on Hilton Head island in South Carolina has some professional internships opening up!! SO EXCITED!! Right?! I know, exciting. Check out the property, it's stunning. So I've got an email into Disney careers and we'll see where that takes us. At the very least, if I get to apply and interview and they say no, I'll have more practice interviewing. Wayne Gretzky once said "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." It's a great philosophy and I'm applying it to my life.

Team Canada went to Blizzard Beach today after class. So much fun. Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon are Walt Disney World's water parks. Typhoon is a little lower key, except it has the worlds largest outdoor man-made wave pool!! Which, lets face it, is so awesome. So us cast members have free access to the water parks until the beginning of june, at which point we pay a small fee, so we're going as often as possible right now. I LOVE Blizzard Beach, today was our first time there because it just re-opened. It has a waterslide with a 120 foot drop and you go at speeds up to 60 miles an hour (don't ask me what that is in kilometers, i JUST started to figure out miles). There's super cool tube rides and more water slides and a river called the 'lazy river' where you can float on tubes around the whole park. It was overcast today so the park was pretty quiet so we had the run of the place. Definitely worth checking out, we had a blast!

I know I had like another four things to mention but I've currently forgotten them all, I've been writing a Corporate Analysis paper and my brain is now shutting down for the night. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment