The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Animal Kingdom Lodge

So as promised, I have some photos and a little tour for you of my resort. Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is within Disney's Animal Kingdom, on our wildlife preserve and it's made up of two resorts. They are called Kidani Village and Jambo House. (click the names to go to the websites).  I work primarily at Jambo House and I love it there. Kidani is mostly Disney Vacation Club villas so that's a whole other type of clientele than regular hotel guests. I do also love it there however Jambo might be my favorite. Anyhow, here's some photos, get ready to be wowed!!
Giraffes!! You can see them from the rooms and the viewing areas!

The view of the ceiling of Jambo House from the first floor. The ceilings are so high and amazing

When you head out to the viewing area at Jambo House and turn back to look at the hotel, this is what you see

A view of the balconies across the savanna

Pelicans and balconies. These are all from Jambo

On your left is the Victoria Falls bar and down front is the Boma Restaurant, in Jambo House

Jiko is the signature restaurant for Animal Kingdom Lodge, stunning room and brilliant menu

Walkway to the pools at Jambo

Pool!!

Jambo pool!


Random savanna shot


The entrance and valet area in front of Jambo

Door to Jambo

I love the attention to detail that is apparent in all the Disney parks. For comparison, here are two vending machines in the Animal Kingdom

And these ones are from Hollywood Studios!! Pretty neat!

I think I have a few more somewhere, I'll find them and include them later. As well as a photo of my costume, because I know you're dying to see it.

I think I've mentioned our Disney intranet, "The Hub", well, one of the things you can do on The Hub is find shifts that need covering. I check it often because I love to work, and I found a shift at a different hotel this week. As long as you are trained as a front desk cashier, you can pick up shifts in other hotels. So I'm working tomorrow at the Coronado Springs resort! So I get to go there, pick up a costume for their front desk, and work a shift! I'm so excited to get to branch out and see what it's like to work in a different resort!! I'll let you know how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment