The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

3rd shift

So the other day I got into work at 6pm and was approached by one of my managers who was wondering if I'd mind extending my shift right through to cover the third shift. The third shift is the overnight front desk shift that goes until 8:30am. Being the busy little worker bee that I am, I jumped at the chance. On the third shift there's either one or two cashiers and an ops person. At that hour there's a lot of paperwork to do and also you are responsible for all the online check in distribution. Which means I got to run around hanging bills in envelopes from people's doors. We also need to be near the front desk all night in case anyone has questions or problems. So I worked my first shift from 6pm - 1am then moved to graveyard shift and the fun began. Hotels at night are always entertaining. Very few people around, sometimes there's drunk guests, and usually there's plenty of coffee!! The night cast members are really awesome and I was excited to have a chance to work with them. You do definitely start to feel a little wierd being at work all night, though. Like some kind of front desk zombie. I loved it. It was really interesting to see the graveyard processes in action and we had a ton of fun! It was 14.5 hours of fun and excitement! It did result in me sleeping most of yesterday, understandably I think!! It was still fun, I'm looking forward to my next third shift!

Oh and I got the sweetest guest thank you letter the other day from this couple that I checked in who were just amazing! We had a great chat and they decided that they would like to see hidden Ericas in the lobby instead of hidden Mickeys. They also decided to write a letter to my managers stating that. I loved it, I'm saving the letter forever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment