The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Health and Safety

Oh my goodness. I have a such a long list of things to blog about, but I just got off work and don't have the energy to write about them all. I've been neglecting the blogging because I've been working so much, and for that I apologize. Tomorrow I don't start til the afternoon so I think I'll be able to get more done then. For now I'm just going to mention a little something about Health and Safety meetings. Now, I've been in the service industry a long time, however, in many of the establishments I've worked in, the Health and Safety Meetings consisted of the staff doing shots in the walk in cooler. So when the head of my department asked if I wanted to go to a real live actual Health and Safety meeting, I jumped at the chance. Very little goes on in the real grown up H&S meetings. There's a representative from each department and that person tells the group if there's anything that is of an H&S concern. For example, today the rep from security told us all that someone had been playing with a can of bear spray in the staff cafeteria this morning and that if anyone sprays that in the hallways it can get into the vents and go to all the floors and then we'd have to evacuate the hotel. Apparently bear spray is more bad ass than I gave it credit for. They have actually had to evacuate the hotel in the past because of carelessness with bear spray. I guess it makes sense that anything that is supposed to protect you from bears really means business. So it was interesting to hear the few problems that were brought up, but more interesting just to see how the meeting was run, and to get to be a part of it.

So also, I'd like to post  few photos of the trail that I run from the resort to downtown. It goes between my hotel and the Banff Springs, it's lovely and I really enjoy the run.

No comments:

Post a Comment