The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Boo ya

Well now I have internet in my room because one of the boys gave me his wireless password. Which is awesome. For some reason it seems like a big ordeal to get internet hooked up for 4 months. Which is silly, I know, but now I don't have to. Yay. Ok, first things first, Aussie word of the day:

Razz = try
'Ok, let's give it a razz'

I know, I also immediately thought of being razzed on, or razzing someone, giving them a hard time, but no, this one is different. I have a few random pictures that I've taken over the last few days when I happened to be wandering through the hotel with my phone, so the quality isn't the greatest but you'll get the idea!

This is our super sweet chandelier in the ballroom. There's another one at the other end of the ballroom. The ballroom is big enough to serve 600 people, and you can also divide it into three smaller rooms (salon A, B, and C) using the air walls. BTW: Air walls are awesome. I had forgotten just how cool they are. I remember starting in banquets when I was 17 and being so amazed by the wall panels that are stored inside the wall and then can be slid out and locked into place to divide up a room. Seriously. How cool are we?! MOVING WALLS. Just saying, I think they're neat. Anyway, when the ballroom is fully open and set for a big function (like prom for instance, or weddings) and you can see both chandeliers it's really quite lovely.


The magic of this setup was kind of lost in translation and the photo looks a little cheesy. But in real life the ballroom was set in a steel grey color and these trees were behind the band on the stage with a dark blue background and lit by the blue lights that you can see. It created a really neat kind of winter wonderland look.

This is the door to the alcove which is one of our sweet meeting rooms on the 7th floor by the Larkspur lounge. Incidentally, I can't remember if I talked about this or not, but a week or two ago, my manager and I googled the flowers that our rooms are named after to see what they looked like, just out of curiosity. Just to clarify, two of the restaurants are named after flowers (Primrose and Larkspur, which, BTW, I doubted was even a flower, which is why we started googling them in the first place, I didn't believe that Larkspur was really a flower, turns out it is) and a majority of our meeting rooms are as well. In banquets we have rooms named Lobelia, Rosemary, Bluebell, the Wildrose Ballroom, and Hawthorne (which is another large room like the ballroom that can be divided into three). Incidentally, the Hawthorne room is the best, it has an amazing view of the valley. Well, technically the best view is room 900, but I digress. 
I'm having some issues uploading more photos so I'll have to start another post. bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment