The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Yes

Every day I see my dream
Today I want to talk about the head of my department and his management style. I think he's one of the best bosses I've ever had. If you do something wrong, he always gives you a chance to identify what's wrong before he tells you, which is how I learn. If I have a chance to look at a banquet room and analyze what it is i've missed, I'm far more likely to remember how to do it right the next time. If I'm just told all the time what's not right, I'll never remember, I need to physically identify it myself. He's also kind of no-nonsense. Likes order and getting things done right, which is just fine with me and my OCD. I really like his style of management, a no-nonsense style, but with a sense of humor still. I think that I could definitely incorporate a little more of his attitude into my style. I could keep things a little more professional. If I plan on being upper management, I need to be a little more business I think. I tend to get comfortable and casual and that won't fly in upper management. I've asked the director of HR if I can come shadow her for a day! Hopefully she'll let me, I'd be really interesting to see what she does on a day to day basis. Anyhow, off to work, I'm working in the Primrose restaurant tonight, a night shift will be fun for a change!!

No comments:

Post a Comment