The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Friday, July 30, 2010

Remembered!!

I was just reviewing my blog and realized that I TOTALLY forgot to mention something of the utmost importance. I just did my midterm evaluation of myself and re-evaluated one of my goals. I feel like most of my goals are totally on track except for my marathon training one. Due to the nature of the training I do out here, the ridiculous hills, etc, it's been making marathon training quite difficult. Ideally you want to have a fairly flat area to run really far on. Since all my runs have mountains in them, it's been adding quite a challenge to my training. So I've noticed that I haven't managed to master my 20km loop quite as well as I'd hoped for by this point. Don't get me wrong, the altitude training has been amazing for me and I feel stronger than ever (the rock climbing helps that too), however, I think I need to spend more time on the 20km run before I make the jump to 30's. I tend to overtrain and that increases the likelihood of injury. So I'm adjusting my runs, I'm going to continue with the 3 10kms and one 20km a week, making one of the 10kms actually 8km, but a 'push run' wherein every 10 minutes (or where ever I can find a park bench) I stop and do pushups, tricep dips and lunges. This shocks the system a little bit and is a very effective cross training method. So, that's being adjusted, but other than that my goals are right on track and I'm very pleased with how things are going for me here.

No comments:

Post a Comment