The Disney Adventure

The Disney Adventure
The Cinderella Castle!

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Do you believe in magic?

I believe in magic. I also believe that if I work hard enough I'll get whatever I want. So with that intro, I feel that I can discuss my next work term. There's an opportunity to work with Disney that has been presented. Now you all know that I'm a Disney fanatic. Well, if you didn't, now you do. I looooooove Disney. And it also happened to be one of the hugest companies in the world. So what would happen if (when) I get this position is that I would go to California and take classes from the University of California Riverside to finish my program (so no more classes at Camosun) while working for Disney. And then after the classes are finished, I'd go to Florida and work for Disney there. This is such an amazing opportunity and I really really really really want to do it. The application just came out on D2L (our internet learning website) so I'm already working on my essay and resume etc. I just know that if I put all my effort into it, I will get this!! I'm going to try to attach the info flier so you can see exactly what I mean. Annnnd never mind. It doesn't like me and doesn't want to attach. Either way, I'm doing it. It's going to be amazing. I do obviously need to think about back up plans just in case, which I think will be the Four Seasons in Whistler. If I'm not with Disney I want to be with Four Seasons. I've been obsessively surfing the Disney website checking out hotels.

Speaking of which, check out the Disney empire by clicking here: Disney!!

OH....Aussie break. So, just to make things more confusing, when us Canadians say 'football', we mean football, traditional american football. When the Brits say 'football', they mean soccor. That was hard enough to get used to, but when the Aussies say it, they mean rugby. It gets pretty confusing over here.

I had a lovely chat with a guest this morning. She was a meeting planner who was here for a few days. It was really interesting to talk to her about the different hotels that she's worked with and the varying levels of service. People who spend a lot of time as guests in hotels can offer a lot of insight into the industry. I think it's very beneficial to get a chance to talk with guests like that. She had also just come back from a Disney cruise with her family, which obviously interested me very much.

I've been sick since I came home from vacation and as of today it's been 2 weeks since I've run. Which just won't do. Tomorrow I'm back at it!!

Oh yes, I almost forgot. We had the most gorgeous wedding today that I've ever seen. It was all clothed in black linen. Which looked amazing. I love the idea of black linen at a wedding, even though it's not traditional. The centerpieces were amazing, big black feathers and colorful flowers. They had some lovely Cinderella themed decorations on the tables. Wire chariots that held candles. SO PRETTY!!!! Here's a few pictures. They hardly do it justice.


Absolutely stunning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment